Just a heads up, I’m going to a Birchbox Bloggers event this Thursday. It will be my first one, so maybe my loyalty will be swayed to stick with it and give it another shot. Getting to blog about the box has been fun, because I know everyone gets different items depending on their interests—and if I find a product that I absolutely LOVE, you know I’m going to make sure you know about it. It’s just, there hasn’t been that many products in my box that WOW me. Two more months to leave an impression…
On a side (recommendation) note, a friend of mine gave me a candle recently that I cannot describe. When I smell it, it’s…well it’s hard to describe, but let’s just say this winter blues is getting me down, and when I smell this candle, I feel…sane. Check out the Pommes Frites Candle Co. Etsy page and No.11: Amber & Moss. I want to buy like one of these for every room so I can just bask in the olfactory sense of perfection. I kid you not, get this candle and you will never get another candle again.
Ok, enough of my Amber & Moss musings…what was inside this month’s box?!
This was by far the physically heaviest Birchbox I’ve yet to receive. Not sure why, but that made me EXTRA happy to open it.
1. Nail Rock I was super excited for this one. I painted my nails (pic below) the first night I got it. I followed the instructions to the tee, and even put on a top coat (or two) as a precaution. I kid you not, the next on the subway I noticed that my perfectly primped manicure was already chipping. That is my biggest pet peeve. Chipped nails. UGH thinking about it is just painful. Needless to say, I will not be trying this one again. It also was a pain to remove, despite it’s ability to remove itself without my permission.
2. Juicy Couture – Juicy Couture – 3.4 oz It smells like perfume, so not my favorite. I will just use this post-workout when I need to not smell like warm milk.
3. Burt’s Bees® Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage This one is a WINNER. But aren’t all Burt’s Bees products? I actually got compliments from girlfriends about how soft my hands felt. I also enjoyed the clary sage scent. This is a great addition to combat the winter’s devil dry air.
4. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara This stuff is pretty nice. I’m not a big mascara person, but when I use it I don’t want it to a) take a lot of time to apply and look good, b) smudge easily, c) clump up. This mascara passed the test in my book.
5. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Crème This product line is pretty ritzy, so having a nice sized tube of this stuff was nice. I noticed a difference in the softness of my hair, but honestly, because of this weather my hair is soaking up anything it can get it’s tendrils on. The jury is still out as to if this product is worthy of buying a full size. If you like Fekkai products, I would say definitely give it a whirl, you will probably fall in love.
Did you get something different in your Birchbox this month?! Tell me about it! Want to sign up for Birchbox goodies?